If you are concerned that your pet is suffering from a serious or life-threatening condition, please proceed to the nearest emergency veterinary facility.
Examples of medical conditions that need to be seen immediately include -
- trouble breathing
- signs of extreme pain - yelping, whining, vocalizing, whining, trembling
- ingestion of a toxin - household cleaners, pesticides, antifreeze, rat poison, etc.
- pale or white gums
- extreme weakness or collapsing, disorientation or inability to stand or walk
- straining or inability to urinate
- trauma caused by falls, cars or fights
- vomiting for more than 24 hours, or sooner if with blood, pet is depressed or if excessive
- dark tarry stools or those with a large amount of blood
- seizures if more than one in 24 hours or one lasting longer than 5 minutes
- eye problems, including the inability to close the eyelids
If your pet needs services outside the scope of what I'm able to provide at a housecall visit - such as surgery, dental procedures and x-rays - I'm happy to refer you and your pet to either a hospital of your choice or one that I recommend.